Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fremont Street

It sure was hot today, didn't really feel like walking out too much in the heat today especially on the strip, so we decided against going to the strip and taking a walk down to Fremont Street, the old strip of Vegas. Things sure look different in the daytime, no twinkling lights. My arms are so sore from the sunburn that it hurt to even carry my camera, what a dummy I am! That will teach me for staying in the sun too long. By the time Paul and I got down to the end of this street the wind picked up and nearly blew me off the road, I had to run for shelter as it whipped up around me and blew dirt in my eyes. I did some crying just to get the tears rolling to get it out of my eyes. That's pretty easy for me these days to turn on tears! Yea tears from not winning in the slots, its pretty easy to lose your money here. We have notice that Vegas machines are just not paying out like they did last year. So if you put $5 bucks in a machine you are sure to lose it. Also we noticed that their tax rate went up to 8%. Gas is any where's from 3.69.9 to 3.49.9 a gallon, now I wish that we could pay that at home. We went to the grocery store here and an long English cucumber was $2.68 each, ouch! What was a good deal from a jug of water for only 68 cents. They have Super Wal-Marts open here 24 hours a day! And boy are they super, you can spend hours in the store walking from one end to the other. We went to Wal-Mart last night around 9:30 and the parking lot was full of cars, people in the store shopping. What I also found was alot of people here take their small children and enfants shopping to the stores at that late hour, so there were alot of cranky kids.

No comments:

Plexus Lean.......|| Call Linda get your's today!

Achieve your nutritional goals with the help of Plexus Lean ™ Life is busy and eating healthy isn’t easy. That’s why we created Lean, ...